Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yay for vacation!

The worst thing about vacations is that they always have to come to an end. :( Bummer.

Despite the fact that there was really crappy weather here in PA all week, the weather wasn't so bad in Ocean City and we had a fabulous time at the beach house this week. We managed to get a pretty good amount of time on the beach- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday- and even got in the water a bit. It was on the colder side, but we got used to it quickly. The beach house was as lovely as we remembered, and Catherine let us stay an extra day, so instead of having to leave by 11 am yesterday, we got to stay till 11 am today. That was a nice blessing since yesterday turned out to be a gorgeous day for the beach. I did burn a bit on Sunday, but was much more diligent with my sunscreen after that and am now pretty tan. :) I am happy to note that I did find two lovely swimsuits for this season, and I only had to look through 4-5 stores, instead of 10-12, like normal. I found them at Kohls this year, a bright yellow bikini (that fits me well so it's modest instead of slutty) and a deep purple one-piece. Both look really nice on me and fit very well, and both were on sale for half off! So I'm quite pleased about that. :)

I had such a great time with my sisters and mom (my dad stayed home because he doesn't really like the beach and had a lot of work this week) and wish it didn't have to end. Throughout the week, we watched movies, played games, went mini-golfing, laid out on the beach, took scenic walks, enjoyed some different places for dinner, and shopped the boardwalk. I am unhappy to note that both Brittany and myself were pooped on by stupid seagulls. :P That's what I get for laughing at Heather when she got pooped on at our guard show at Wildwood back in high school! Thankfully though it was on our sweatshirts, and not our heads. That would have been really disgusting.

Anyway, the prospect of getting back to my routine is a depressing one. It's always hard to get back to work after a nice break like this. The only good thing about going back to my routine is going back to the gym. The week break was nice, and I needed it to refresh my muscles and body, but it's definitely time to go back (especially since I ate waaaaay more than I should have this week, and a lot of it was pure sugar!) so I need to get back on the straight and narrow. :) Can't wait!

I hope everyone else has a great vacation like I did this summer!

No comments: