Saturday, February 27, 2010

Busy February!

Bah. I know I've been so behind in posts, and I hate that and I'm sorry! I was just really busy/stressed for a lot of February.... with the bad weather, and lots of events for Church, and looking for a new apartment. Well thankfully, I spoke the truth with my roommate Chris, and explained how I felt about the situation (living with a guy) and that was why I didn't want to live with him anymore, and that I would like to stay in the apartment because I was here first and I love it. Chris was very forgiving and kind about the situation and has graciously agreed, so I'm staying in my apartment! Yay! And Suzanne (my friend from Church) loves it and is moving in with me! So come April 1st or so, I'll be having a new roommie! :)

Some things going on with Church- I have a mentor now, Theresa, whom I love, we get along so well, she's so much fun. We finally got to meet up for chai lattes (both our favs!) at the Cream and Sugar Cafe in Wayne (highly recommend it, by the way!) and really got to talk. Also, both my community groups and my Grow class have been keeping me busy. Early in February, I had planned a service project with my Mon night CG. We made tons of various homemade baked goods (cookies, brownies, rice crispie treats, ect) and packaged 6 different boxes with the assorted baked goods, as well as valentines candy and homemade cards. This was actually supposed to be for our fellow singles groups. However, the huge snowstorm on the 9-10 made that impossible, so we improvised and took 5 of the care packages into the Church on Tuesday, to be a blessing for the Pastors, the staff, and all their families. The 6 package was taken to the city team. So it was nice to be able to bless and thank our Pastors, and now, we'll get to do this again in the future, and hopefully this time get it to our fellow singles groups.

February also brought many surgeries for my friends, so I've been making meals and goodies for some people throughout the month. And while my friend Will didn't have surgery, he's in law school right now and is super busy and overwhelmed with all the classwork, and the many other obligations he has. So last Friday, I took chicken stir fry, fresh bread (with olive oil and cracked pepper for dipping) and homemade apple crisp over to Will (and his roommate Chris) and had dinner with them. Chris is actually the leader of my Tues. night community group, that's where I met both him and Will. It was really nice to enjoy the meal and fellowship with them... I'm already planning more meals to bring the next couple of months!

It's looking like March will be just as busy... for instance, this coming weekend holds two birthday parties and a baby shower! Friday night is Kayte's birthday party (my best friend at CFC) while Sat afternoon is my cousin Sherry's baby shower, and Sat evening is Suzanne's birthday (my soon to be new roommate). March is ALSO my cousin Dee's birthday (the 2) Becky's bday (the 16) Britty's bday (the 23) and my cousin Nick's bday (the 30). Not to mention, Kayte just became engaged to my dear friend and Mon night CG leader Jason, and I was asked to help plan Kayte's bridal shower! I'm so excited for them both. Come to think of it, January/February brought a lot of engagements at Church.... 4 different couples became engaged in the span of a couple weeks! And that's only ones I know of.... there are probably more than that. So that means this summer will be busy as well!

Speaking of summer, I cannot wait for it. I booked the beach house at OC New Jersey again for the beginning of the summer, June 5-11. It's not quite as warm, but it's such a steal! So much cheaper to rent the house, plus it's before the official season starts so there aren't any crowds, and the restaurants and shops haven't raised their prices yet. We had a great time last year, I can't wait to go again. The only bad thing is that Beck won't be with us this year. :( She won't be home again until September, because she's in our friend Christina's wedding, which is Sep. 25. Coincidentally though, that will also be at OC NJ, so we're going to rent the beach house again for that weekend. Although knowing Catherine (my landlady, she owns my apt building and the beach house) she'll let us stay that weekend for free. I love Catherine, she's the best landlady ever!

Ok... I think that's most of the updates from February. Stay tuned to see what March brings! (And hopefully, it's not more snow!!!)

1 comment:

Jen Pyle said...

And who'd have thought that about five and a half months later, I'd be dating Will. :D God really does work in mysterious ways... and I'm so grateful for it!