Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February... shortest or longest month?

Sigh. I'm sorry I've been so bad at posting lately.... I've just been so unmotivated since Christmas. I've been feeling so lazy and just blah-ish at work.... it's bad now that my co-worker came back. I love her and I'm glad she's back, it's just that now, I have a lot less on my plate, and I can't believe it, but I kind of... well, I miss the crazy hectic pace I had when she was gone. I love having a lot to do, coming into work with purpose, having a list to check off, just roll from one thing to the next to the next... I hate trying to find things to do, I hate being bored at work, and that's what's currently happening. It doesn't help that I'm slightly in-between projects at the moment, and this crap winter weather CERTAINLY doesn't help. :P Luckily, I think the pace at work will pick up shortly. I'll just have to ride this out till then.

Some updates since I've last posted- I'll be moving at the end of March/beginning of April. I'm so sad to leave my apartment, I love it, and I will especially miss my sweet landlady Catherine. But I really won't miss having a male roommate. Even though Chris was pretty ok for a guy, I just didn't like it. So, I'll be moving in with my friend Suzanne- we met through Church, so not only is she a girl, and my friend, she's a Christian! Yay! We haven't found a place yet, though we've been looking around and have found some good prospects. We'll hopefully get to check them out Feb 13.... please pray for us! :)

Speaking of Church, I've been keeping busy there! I've still been attending both my community groups, and I'm really enjoying the 10 month Grow course- we're halfway through now. I planned a service project with my Mon night CG to serve our fellow singles community groups... so I'll be baking up a storm this weekend for that! We're making care packages full of all sorts of baked goodies and candy and notes for the different groups. I'm so excited!

Also, due to the Women's meeting I attended in January, I now have a mentor at my Church. I've always had a mentor-type person at every Church I've been at, and I missed the mentorship/friendship of Pam and Steve and Brian and Mary, the two couples at my former Church. Theresa has been great, we really hit it off through email and we're getting together for coffee next week. I think I'll really learn a lot from her, and her friendship and guidance has already been such a blessing to me.

I've also started finding places to serve within the Church, now that I'm an official member. I prayed a lot about it, and so this past Sunday, I took my place with the audio duplication team. We make CD copies of the sermons for people to take to others who couldn't make it that Sunday, or for evangelistic means. I definitely felt it was the place for me, because not only did they really need the help, but this ministry has a special place in my heart, because I watched my Dad serve our home Church for years in that way. Of course, back then, it was on tape cassettes, not CD's, and he only made 5-6 copies, not the 100+ we do each Sunday. Still, the purpose is the same, and it's a joy for me to follow in my Dad's footsteps. :)

Anyway, although I generally dislike the month of February (does anyone else feel that for the shortest month, it can feel like the longest??) I do have a lot to look forward to. The superbowl is this Sunday, and this Saturday I'm going to have a blast baking the day away with my mom and sister, next Saturday I'll be having breakfast with my friend Alexis, going apartment hunting with Suzanne, and ending the evening with a Valentine's party at Phil's house. I'll be getting together with Theresa next Thursday as well. President's Day, I took the day off, so I can just relax with Britty. Later during that week, I'm going out to lunch with Phil and Christina (we all work so close together, it seemed like the perfect idea!) Towards the end of the month, Steph is going to have an open mic night at her house, so I need to think of what I'm going to do for that. Not to mention I have two Grow meetings somewhere in there.... and my dear cousin AJ is turning 21 on February 27, can't forget that! I surely have to be there to help him celebrate. :) So, although February is normally kind of a bummer month, it looks like I have a lot to look forward to. :)

And how could I have forgotten? February already had a great start. I went to H&R Block today to get my 2009 taxes done... and found out that I'm getting a hefty refund back! :D Woohoo! A lot of that money is going to my vacation account.... my family is looking to perhaps due a cruise around Christmastime. We are usually so traditional, we need a change... I couldn't believe when my Dad suggested it! So that refund will certainly help that fund. :)

Ok, hopefully, I will blog again soon! Till then, enjoy your month of February! Hopefully it's looking to be as good as mine is!

No comments: