Saturday, November 22, 2008

EXTRA miserable!!!!

So I leave the gym this morning to discover my tire is quite low, almost bordering on flat. So I go to the Sunoco by my house to fill the tire with more air. I couldn't find the air hose, so I parked and went inside to ask if they even had an air hose. They said they did, and then asked "Do you need any help?"

Shoot me now. Please. Because like an IDIOT, I said yes.


BIG MISTAKE. I KNOW this, I've been burned before. Single young girl+ old car+ city mechanics = rape. They take you for all they can get. And, they did.

Instead of leaving with my tire filled with air, ($.50) or leaving with the hole in my tire patched and filled with air ($22.00) I left with a new tire I DIDN'T NEED OR WANT, which means I also paid the exhorbitant B.S. "labor fees" plus being told I need an oil change and I have a small oil leak ($137.00). And that $137.00 was just for the tire and labor fees, I didn't do anything about the SUPPOSED oil leak or oil change. What the?????? Just LAST weekend, I took my car to a mechanic at home and spent $131.00 on a new muffler, the labor of getting it put on, plus a general checkup of the car PLUS removal of a broken joint and welding of the exhaust pipe. God only knows how much I'd have been charged for that at this Sunoco. Probably over $1,000 plus the promise of my first born child. I was so livid when I left there, and I've been really mad about it since.

Grrr. I suppose I'd better try and calm down, because bursting my blood vessels and having to go to the hospital would make me even MORE miserable. If that were possible. Which at this point, I'm not sure of.

No comments: