Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God works in mysterious ways

I have an old car, a 93 Dodge Shadow, that I love. It's a great car that runs well, has good gas mileage, it still looks really nice, and best of all, it's cheap. I have no car payments, as well as ridiculously cheap insurance. It's awesome!

However, older cars do need tune ups and replacements and general maintenance, and I have become quite skilled at being in tune with my car's needs. And about 3 weeks ago, I noticed that my car sound a lot harsher when it was running than normal. I assumed it was that it needed a new muffler, as it still had the original one. So this weekend I took it into a shop near my parents, and within a day, it was done, yay!

However, upon picking it up, I discovered that God was looking out for me. My car did need a new muffler, yes, but the noise I was hearing wasn't from the muffler. It was from a broken joint on my exhaust pipe, which happened to be running right next to my gas tank. Had the joint completely broken off, or even partially fallen off, it could have been hitting the gas tank, and the metal joint against the metal gas tank could have caused sparks, so I could have possibly been looking at a potential car fire, or worse, an explosion. Yikes! Now that was the worst that could happen, and might not have ever occurred. But still, I was really glad that I didn't ignore the seemingly harmless albeit annoying loud noise my car was making. So I'm really thankful that God was looking out for me in this! :)

No comments: