Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I had such a fun night at the Indian connection dinner last night! There were more people there than at the Asian connection night, so it was a little more overwhelming, trying to meet all the new people, but I still really enjoyed myself, and it was also nice to see the people I already knew. The cuisine was delicious, my compliments to all the chefs! The samosas were my favorites, which Phil, Jason, and Suzanne made. And Phil so generously opened his home to this event, which was awesome of him! My favorite dessert of the night were these daisy cupcakes that Lindsey made. They were so delicious and so cute! I really need the recipe for that! If I heard correctly, I believe Italian Connection night is next on our list. That will be nice for me since I have some Italian roots in my geneologic tree. I can't wait!

Early this morning I headed home, since today is my Dad's birthday (51!) so I came home to celebrate with the fam. We usually have a birthday dinner for the birthday boy or girl, and tonight, we're having tacos! None of us have had them in ages, and we were discussing that a few weeks ago, so we're setting up a taco bar tonight. Should be fun. I'm about to run out and get a cake for him while my parents are at Church. I ended up coming home too late and they left without me. :P I guess I'm on my own for today. Maybe I can listen to a taped sermon later today.

The best part about today is that for once, I don't have to rush home later this evening, I can stay at my parents house all day because I took a personal day for tomorrow! I haven't had a day off in a couple months, and I've really been feeling a bit weary lately, so I thought the day off would do me good. I'm so looking forward to it! I really don't have any plans, other than just relaxing. Should be nice. :)

Hopefully everyone else had a great weekend, more updates next Saturday for the 5k race and bellydancing with Jehan! :)

P.S. I had to laugh, when I got home last night I was talking with Chris, and I was drinking some of the rice milk I had bought at whole foods that morning (it was vanilla flavored rice milk and pretty delicious!) and he told me good-naturedly that I eat like a hippie. I thought it was really funny, and actually took it as a compliment, since I'm trying to eat healthier.... I guess it's working! :)

No comments: