Monday, April 20, 2009

Lovely personal day! :)

I'm so enjoying my personal day today!

I awoke to my Dad having made special apple pancakes and bacon, which was delicious. Then I took a nice hot bubble bath, perfect for a rainy day like today. I've also curled up to read a good book, Carrot Cake Murder. It's part of a series of books called the Hannah Swenson Mysteries. Hannah is the main character who owns a bakery as her business, but is a mystery sleuth on the side. :) I love the books because they are always talking about delicious recipes, mostly baked goods, and so throughout the book, there are actually recipes for some of the confections they talk about. There are a lot of great recipes, too. I can't wait to try some of them! The author of these books is Joanne Fluke, in case anyone looks for them. I've already read Cherry Cheesecake murder, Candy Cane Murder, and Key Lime Pie Murder. See the theme of the titles? :) The only problem is that I always get hungry for baked goods when I'm reading the books. I already have such a sweet tooth, reading about delicious goodies makes it much worse!

I also was enjoying two of my new favorite songs on youtube earlier. One is called "The man who can't be moved" by this Irish band, the Script, and the other is the 1,2,3, 4 song by the Plain White T's. Both have just started playing on the radio fairly recently, and I LOVE them. Here's the links if you'd like to hear the songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-J8kC5DHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pW_q1PvH0

So that's been my day so far. I think later I may curl up for a cat-nap in front of our fireplace, and then read some more. Just relaxing has been great and I'm loving it!

No comments: