Monday, August 3, 2009

Lancaster Weekend

So Friday night I headed out to Lancaster.... thankfully the thunderstorm had passed and I had good weather while driving. Since Britt had to close at Friendly's, I stopped by to pick up her key and then hung out at her house reading the rest of Friday night. Saturday we both slept in, and then Britty helped me dye my hair... it was getting that weird copper look to it plus my dark roots were showing pretty badly, so I dyed it raspberry truffle. It's darker than I expected, but I like it, and I'm happy that my hair finally matches my eyebrows. Britt and I met Jess at the mall around 2 pm, and I was excited that I managed to refrain from buying everything in sight and just bought things I needed. Well, with the exception of yet another pair of polka dot airwalks from Payless.... but they were only 7 dollars and I wasn't about to pass that up! Especially cause airwalks are my favorite shoes to wear to work... fashionable yet very comfortable and very practical for wearing in a lab.

After shopping for a couple hours, we had dinner at TGI Friday's, and then said our goodbyes to Jess. Britt and I then spent the rest of the night watching Bones episodes (she got me hooked on that show now.... it's pretty awesome. I love it!) and eating snickers ice cream, yum. :)

Sunday morning we slept in instead of going to Church, due to the extremely crappy weather. I missed not going to Church, but I have to admit, sleeping in on rainy days is the best. :) Britt and I hung around some more, watching more Bones episodes, and Britt made apple feta chicken for lunch, a recipe we discovered while rooming together at college. It's delicious! I had to leave for Philly soon after which sucked, but Britt had to work later that evening. I just spent the rest of the evening hanging around my house..... it was really nice to be lazy for once. :) All in all, it was a very relaxing weekend and I really enjoyed myself. It was so nice to see Jess again, and hang out with Britt, cause we don't get to hang out by ourselves very often. I think this weekend my mom and Britt and I may go to Wildwood for the day on Saturday... we'll see how the weather holds I guess. I hope it's nice because I'd love to go to the beach once more before summer ends!

1 comment:

Britt said...

You did NOT mention our (ok.... my very proud) steal at bras!!!!!! I have been telling EVERYONE! LOL. and I showed a few ppl too (GIRLS at friendlys) cuz i was that excited :)

love you!!! and had such a BLAST!!!!