Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thank God for Covenant Fellowship Church

So thankful for Covenant Fellowship Church.

Really, words can't describe how thankful I am that I was lead to CFC. The people there are so wonderful and uplifting.... they've challenged me to spiritually grow just by leading by example. They literally shine for Jesus. I looked at them and thought, "I'm a Christian, but I don't have a relationship with God like they do. And I want that. I want what THEY have!"

And the past few weeks have been amazing. I'm loving my deeping relationship with God, I'm loving the fellowship and leadership I've been experiencing at CFC, I'm loving all the fun things I'm involved in now, I'm loving being loved by all the people at CFC. It's ironic... I was always afraid of going to a big Church because I thought I'd be lost and forgotten and left out.... just a nameless face in the crowd, and that at a small Church, I'd be known, loved, accepted.... but it's been the reverse for me. Not always- Lansdale was a much smaller Church than CFC, about 300 total members, but I loved it there... I just didn't get to be a part of it like I wanted to because I was going home so often. But in terms of the Church I grew up in, yeah, with about 250 total members, it's a smaller Church.... and I never felt more isolated, left out, rejected and beaten down than I ever had before or since. And not just me- it happened to my whole family, and I'd seen it happen to others in the Church too. It breaks my heart to see a Church so segregated and in such disarray. Unity has been absent at Grace for a long, long time.

Anyway, that was a long time ago, and I'm just thankful that God has led me to CFC. He has definitely led me here, it's where I am supposed to be... I can trace God's hand leading me all the way from 8th grade... it's amazing! His hand was always upon me, he was always near, through good times and bad, through times when I was close to him and when I rebelled and stepped away from him, even when I was in situations where I couldn't see him and couldn't understand his ways.... looking back, things are so much clearer now. I don't know exactly why God has led me to CFC.... but I'm so thankful he did, and I'm so excited to find out! :)

No comments: