Friday, August 14, 2009

Wildwood beach day, breakfast, and baby showers

I realized that I forgot to post about my beach day last Saturday. My mom and sister and I did end up going, and we had a great time! Lovely weather for it. My mom and sister came up on Friday night to spend the night, since my house is a lot closer to the beach than either of theirs. We woke at 5:15 am, got ready, had some warm cinnamon buns for breakfast (yum!) and headed out by 6 am. We didn't hit any traffic and made great time, getting to my Aunt's hotel by a little after 8 am. My aunt and cousins were only just getting up, so we didn't get out till the beach till about 9:30 or so. But we got a great spot, the weather was wonderful, the water warm, and we had a great time and stayed out on the beach till 5 pm. Well, I went up at 4 so I could get a head start on showering. Considering it was my Aunt, my mom, my four cousins, Britt and I, two significant others, one friend, and two little kids (13 total) we needed some extra time! :) But we were eventually all ready for dinner. We ended up going to Kelly's Pub, which was only a block or so away from the hotel. It had great food and PHENOMENAL live music. The guy was from Philly but I don't remember his name, darn it! Usually I hate live music cause it's too loud and not that great, but this guy was fabulous. For dinner I ended up getting a taco wrap (basically it was a soft shell taco almost) but it was soooo good. :)

After much persuasion, my mom finally let us leave by around 9 pm. I really wanted to go to Church the next day, so I didn't want to get home too late. Leaving around 9 would have gotten us home around 11, 11:30 at the latest.... or so I thought. Just crossing over the Walt Whitman bridge, we were STOPPED. The phillies game just let out, so there was TONS of traffic, and then to top it all off, thanks to stupid Philly's ridiculous construction (to which I saw nothing happening when we finally drove by!) 5-6 lanes of traffic had to merge into ONE LANE. I was SO not happy, especially since I was driving and everyone else was miserable too. We sat there for over an hour to go not even 2 miles. We finally got home a tiny bit before 1 am. We still may have made it to Church the next day, except that we awoke to a HUGE downpour, and I know the roads around here flash flood pretty easily, and my Church is about 45 min away, so we ended up missing Church and going to breakfast at IHOP instead. Which was delicious, but I hated missing Church, so when we came home, my mom and I (Britt wasn't really paying attention :P) had a Bible study for ourselves. Overall, it was a great weekend and ended up being way too short!

This weekend should be nice too. Tomorrow I'm heading to Media to have breakfast with my community group (aka Bible study) girls, which I'm really looking forward to. Then in the early afternoon I'm going to my friend/co-worker Lauren's baby shower! I had such fun picking out the present. :) Even though I know it's a girl, I ended up getting all yellow stuff. I didn't want her to be overwhelmed with pink, and the yellow was precious. I got a soft yellow fleece blanket with chicks on it (Phoebe will be born at the end of October, so a warm blanket will be nice!) plus I got an adorable hoodie bath towel that's yellow and white with little ducks all over it. I did get a little pink stuff though... I bought pink and white bootie socks for her. They're so tiny and cute! :) I hope Lauren likes them!

Anyway, that's what's on the agenda for tomorrow... if I remember I'll try to check in and write about how everything went!

No comments: