Sunday, July 20, 2008

Change of Plans

Well, I was planning on staying home in Ardmore this weekend, but with the heavy heat wave that arrived mid-week, I packed up and headed to my parents house and swimming pool. It was so nice to just lay out and swim and tan this weekend. Saturday night I went shopping with my mom, and had a great time! I picked up a few things I really needed, and my mom found some pretty tops and skirts and jewelery. It was a nice girls night.

This morning, I faced a bit of a challenge deciding where to go to Church. Did I want to drive back to Lansdale to my own Church? Should I go to my parents new Church in Hamburg? Or should I go to my old home Church in Kutztown? I thought a lot about it and decided on going to my old home Church in Kutztown. While I miss going to LPC and haven't been there in a while due to coming home for the summer, I left Grace Church with a lot of hurt feelings, bitterness, and unforgiveness in my heart. I've been praying a lot lately about it and have really wanted to change, and drop these burdens and grudges I've been carrying for so long. I need and long for healing, and I was hoping that going there today would help.

So, I prayed this morning, specifically asking to see the Church and the people in it the way God does. To look on them with love, instead of bitter hurt. And I'm so glad I went. I got to see and talk to a lot of people today, and was reminded that many of them still love and care for me and my family and miss us. I was reminded of all the good memories that I did have there. While a lot of bad things did happen there, there were so many great memories I have and wonderful things that happened to me while I attended Grace. I don't want to forget or overlook that. And while I still think I have a way to go, I feel that this morning really helped the healing process along for me. I feel lighter and more peaceful than I have in a long time. I thank God for my time at Grace. Through the good and the bad, I'm the person I am today because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHo did you meet and talk to?? I know how you feel about hating some people there, but still longing to see others. I really miss nana schmeck and al and elodie and talking to Jon about stuff... especially sunday school with him :(

oh now you've done it, now im all sad!