Thursday, January 15, 2009

I need a new roommate

So my roommate of almost two years has bought a house, and is moving out the end of February. Though she kindly offered to rent me a room in her new house, I decided to stay in the apartment that I love so much! Plus, I hate moving. Though almost as much as moving, I hate looking for roommates. First, I'm nervous that I'll even be able to find someone, and then, I'm nervous about living with that person. What if we don't get along? What if they drive me crazy? What if THEY'RE crazy? (My sister Britt can speak for THAT one... she sure had a crazy roommate already. Literally crazy. Those stories she can tell you.....)

Anyway, I'm currently stressing about a roommate. :P I know I should just pray about it and put it in God's hands, but darn it, it's HARD! I'm not the most patient or trusting person in the world. I've heard that God does things to help you grow in things you lack, so situations that involve both trust and patience arise for me alot. You'd think I'd have learned by now to be trusting and patient, hmm? Yes well I'm definitely still a work in progress. :P

Still, it makes me feel better to know that I have people praying over the situation with me. It helps me to trust better. I think Romans 8:28 is a good verse for this week: "All things work together for good, for them that love the Lord." And, no amount of worrying can add a single moment to my life. So I guess I just have to give it over to God. I'll keep you all posted on what happens!

No comments: