Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stepping back

This past week, I felt like I was going crazy. Trying to give things over to God can be so hard for me. Even though I know it's for the best, I still cling to things and want to try to do things for myself as long as I can. Finally on Tuesday I just gave up. Work was sucking bad, everything that could go wrong was, and I felt depressed and miserable. So I did what was really hard for me- I stepped back and let go. I took the craigslist ad for a roommate off the web for the rest of the week so I could just let go and breathe. Stop worrying about it and let it in God's hands. And I did feel better after that, and work started to go a little better too (it was still a really rough week though, whew! I'm glad it's over). It was nice to let it go.

I felt a lot better about it, so I placed the ad on craigslist again last night. And by this morning I received a couple of really positive responses. I also met two different people this morning, both of whom were really nice, and I think would be good roommates. I'm also showing the apartment to another girl tomorrow who sounds really nice. So God had everything in control right from the start. He was just waiting for me to let go and step back and let him work. I thank God that he puts up with me, cause I don't make it easy!

No comments: