Friday, March 6, 2009

Cardinal Hip-hop

Ha, I like all my post titles to match what I talk about... this title sounds interesting, no?

When I came home from the gym this morning, I saw two beautiful cardinals hopping about and chirping at each other in the bushes by my house. I was just stopped for a moment by the beauty of them. I think cardinals are some of my favorite birds.... they're rare to see sometimes, but when you do, they're breathtaking. Such a vivid red. It reminds me of the beauty of the black widow spiders I took care of at college... they're dangerous when provoked, but they are glorious spiders, honestly. They are the deepest, fathomless black you can imagine, and on the abdomen is their trademark, vivid red hourglass. It's amazing how God works. You would think to yourself, "now, if the trademark hourglass is on the abdomen, how does that help me see it? Wouldn't I just see a plain black spider?" NO! Because the black widows hang upside down in their webs... so their vivid warning sign is apparent for all to see. How clever. :)

On to the hip-hop part of my post..... my gym offers many different classes, and when I joined, I noticed one called Hip-hop funk, a dance class offered Thursday nights. I wanted to try it, but always chickened out. This week, I finally bucked up and went for it. And I had a BLAST! It was so much fun, and I actually wasn't that bad! It's like a hip-hop line dance class. And I've been a country line dancer for years and years, so I pick up on line dances super quickly. The music and moves were just different, that's all. It was a lot of fun and a great workout. I'm definitely going to make it a weekly thing, I can't wait till next Thursday! :)

No comments: