Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow, chocolate chip cookies and llama cacti

Sooo....

I was so excited last weekend for Sunday and Monday, when I'd be shopping and going to the movies and hanging with my cousin and my sister and just having a great time.

However.....

Apparently, my cousin either didn't get the memo about Sunday, or (and it was most likely this) my sister and I were trumped by a boy. Dee had some boy she likes over at her house to celebrate her bday with her, so Britt and I decided to forgo shopping so we could pick Dee up at 6:30 and go to the movies. Well, the boy then decided to stay later, so not only did Britt and I not get to go shopping, we didn't get to the movies, because my Dad came back from dropping my mom off for the airport and told us to stay in due to an incoming snowstorm.

Gaaa!!! I was really annoyed at the change of plans, but yet, we still had a great evening anyway. My dad made his delicious homemade pizza, and we watched Eagle Eye, which was really good. Plus Britt and I had picked up some Ben & Jerry's ice cream (on sale, sweet!) so that made the night a lot better too. We awoke on Monday to lots of snow, so Britt and I stayed in and watched movies and played Disney Scene-It. While it wasn't my original plans, it was a nice relaxing day where I had fun and best of all, got to spend quality time with my sister and Dad. It was nice. I ended up staying over till Tuesday morning and just drove back super early for work. So because of that, yesterday evening was my first official night with my new roomie.

And we had a blast! He's great, and we really do get along super well. We ended up making homemade chocolate chip cookies, yummy! And then we watched the Emperor's New Groove, which we both LOVE and can literally quote almost word for word. Seriously. Plus, Chris pointed out some funny things in the movie that I had never seen before.... for instance, at the dinner were Yzma and Kronk are going to poison Kuzco, and Kronk gives them all "poisoned wine", Yzma throws her wine on the cactus she's standing next to. Of course, it's actually extract of llama, so when Kuzco turns into a llama and the screen goes back to Yzma, you see the cactus is now in the shape of a llama! I loved it! So great and I totally missed it before. :)

So I'm really happy with my roommate decision, and thankful that everything has worked out so well. I need to remember this the next time I start to stress about something!

Oooh, only two more days till my special bellydance class and dinner. I'm excited! I could definitely use the one on one instruction.... I know I've said it before, but if you want to do it right, bellydance is MUCH harder than it looks. And I use lots of muscles I never knew I had.... my back always screams at me whenever I'm done with class. :P

Ok, signing off for now... I'm exhausted and will probably fall asleep super early tonight... it's what I get for staying up late yesterday stuffing myself with cookies and watching the Emperor's New Groove. :)

P.S. Thankfully, the snow didn't cause any problems for my mom and her friends headed to Jamaica. They got there fine with no problems. Whew!

No comments: