Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dances and Parties

So an update on my bellydance class:

When the spring session started last week, I started taking the two hour class, not just the one hour. I love it! In the second half of class, we're learning a full routine, and it's so much fun. Another awesome thing is that two bellydance stars, Jehan Kamal and Sahra Saeeda, are both coming to Ardmore to give workshops and special dance sessions. I'm really excited! I'm saving up my money and cutting out other "extras" so that I can take at least one class with each of them. Jehan is coming at the end of April, and Sahra is coming the end of July. I'll update more once it gets closer to the classes!

Also, I've still been taking the hiphop dance class at my gym, and really liking it, so I was seriously bummed to miss it today. Lankenau only has one way in/out, so if anything happens on Rt 1 or Lancaster Ave (both pretty major roads) it's nearly impossible to get out of Lankenau. Today there happened to be some hold up on Rt 1 so I was stuck at work an extra hour, and by the time I got home, class already started. :( Boo. So I'm going to dance to a new bellydance tape I got instead, starring... Jehan! Whom I will meet in April! It's kind of surreal to dance with people in real life that you've seen dance on DVD (my current instructor Najia has DVDs out too, which she's showed us before). But it's also really cool, too.

Oh another update. Back in the end of January, I attended at Bible study near my house with my friend Jennifer- she's been looking for a new Church and saw that they had this singles Bible study every other Monday so she asked me to go with her. I liked it, and finally made it back this past Monday. Everyone is really friendly and fun, it's nice to meet some Christians in my area. This Saturday I'm going to an "Asian Connection" party they're having (title is because it's centered around Asian cusine.... apparently they already had a middle eastern one, which I'm super sad I missed, and next month is an Indian one.) I'm excited to go and meet some more people, and of course, chow down on asian food! With my upbringing and where I grew up, I don't know how I've managed to develop a palate for all sorts of foods from different countries and cultures, but I'm so glad I did! :)

So those are a few updates, since I haven't written in over a week. Still bummed I missed the free Rita's water ice last Friday.... but I did get a dozen heath bar Hope's Cookies for Britty's bday, so I guess that was a good trade off! Those cookies are practically sinful, they're so good. :) It was nice to spend the weekend with Britty for her bday... Sat night we headed to Lebanon with my mom and our friends Pearl and Rene for a disco dance... yup, a disco dance! I didn't know there was so much different disco music out there! Some people even dressed up in disco attire, guys and girls.... it was hilarious. We dressed normally, for the record. :) We had a good time, though it would have been a little better had I not been feeling a bit sick. :( I've been eating really healthy lately so falling off the wagon on Saturday did NOT make me feel good. :P Luckily I ate better on Sunday, so I was feeling well enough to enjoy a piece of Britty's birthday cake! Ahhh... cake. I just love cake. It can make even the worst day seem better. :)

So that's about it for the updates! Enjoy the weekend, I know I will!

No comments: