Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Roommate update.... advice wanted! :)

So here it is, a few weeks after my initial posting about looking for a roommate, and I still don't officially have a new roommate- however, I did meet with someone today who liked the apartment and will take it if I offer it... to him. I've never had a male roommate before, and while I would prefer a female roommate, all the girls that I've shown the apartment to have decided on something else. I think overall, girls are just super picky. And Chris (my potential new roommate) is not. He seems super chill and very nice , clean, respectful, and low key. The best part is, he's a Christian. That's why he answered my ad (I mentioned I was a Christian in the ad I posted). And we seem to have a lot in common- we are both dorky sci-fi lovers, and we both love to read. Overall, I think once I get over my initial weirdness factor, I could get along with him really well.

But I posted this only because I'd like feedback from my friends who read my blog: do you think I should go ahead and have a male roommate, or keep looking for a female roommate? As my friends I truly value your opinion and would love to hear your advice. Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, first off. you can't get ANY worse than what I had.

second, while it IS really odd living with a guy (and i hardly see kyle) sometimes its kind of nice knowing there is a guy around. he really does take care of all of the guy stuff and since im living in the development, its nice knowing i have some protection.

as for you, honestly, i can't say much since i dont know him. BUT if he's a christian AND likes dorky sci-fi movies, im not sure you can beat that :-p

i have to get to class, but i guess i will leave you more advice later

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! I think that for you to have a male roommate will be a little awkward in the beginning, but I think that once you guys are comfortable in the apartment together, I think that it will be fine. As long as you respect each other's privacy and both agree to communicate honestly with each other even if it might be uncomfortable to discuss the issue, then I think that it will work. Let me know what you decide or if you want further comments :)