Thursday, February 26, 2009

How is February almost over?!?

Wow. I just realized today that February is almost over, and March is almost here. Spring will be here before we know it! I for one am looking forward to spring... I can always breathe better in the spring/summer and I'd love that right about now. I don't understand how it is that someone as consistantly congested as I am in the winter needs to blow her nose so much. It's awful and I hate it. However, I can wait a little longer for spring to come.... with the advent of spring comes warmer weather, and while I am looking forward to that, I'm not really looking forward to the sweltering temperatures my apartment can reach in the summertime. :(

So anyway February was an interesting month. As everyone now knows, I found a new roommate, Chris, and he'll be moving in this Saturday. I'm baking special cupcakes as a welcoming present/bribe for his friends to help him move so there's less for us to do. :D I found some interesting new workouts I've been trying and have been feeling great! Not when I do them, of course, they're really tough workouts... I definitely feel the burn! But afterwards, I love the feeling of a great workout. I've been continuing my bellydance classes and really like them... I even signed up for a special 4 hour class this coming Friday (March 6) at my instructors house... it's a small group of only 10 people so we get more one on one instruction, which is really nice. We're going to have a traditional middle eastern dinner before we start the class, which I'm really looking forward to; I love learning about new cultures, especially when it deals with food. :)
I'll let you know how the class went next week!

Also, in January I attended a bible study with my friend Jennifer that's hosted by a Church she attended (she's been looking for a new Church lately). It's pretty close to my house and while I felt a bit of an age difference among some of the people there, I did like it and have decided to go back. I unfortunately missed this Monday's meeting due to not feeling so well, but I'm going to go to the next one in two weeks. I'm looking forward to it. I love my Church in Lansdale, but it's hard to get out there for special functions all the time. So it will be nice to have a small group of Christians nearer to me that I can get to know as well.

Wrapping up, I'm looking forward to this weekend, though it will be busy! Tomorrow is my cousin AJ's 20th birthday, yay! But I won't be able to be home since I'm helping Chris move in on Saturday. After that, I'll be heading home. Sunday my younger sister and I are going shopping and to the movies with our cousin Dee, who will be turning 17 on Monday, so we'll be celebrating her birthday with her. Sunday is also the day my mom is leaving for a vacation to Jamaica! Her friends surprised her with that THIS WEDNESDAY! Talk about short notice! However, everything worked out and she's really excited to go. I'm excited for her as well, though I am a little jealous, too. But I took a vacation day for Monday so I could have an extra day to hang out with my sister (since it's her spring break week) so I'm looking forward to that.

I hope everyone else has an enjoyable weekend as well! Enjoy the last two days of February! :)

No comments: