Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beach Time! :)

So last week I took a hard-earned break and headed down to Myrtle Beach with my younger sister and some friends. There were eight of us total, and we had a blast. Great weather, the only day it rained was Wednesday. Our hotel was really nice and closer to more things than the one we'd had last year, although this one was smaller. However, we were very inventive on keeping space and working things out with showers and sleeping arrangements, so everyone was happy. I had just a fantastic time hanging out with my sister and our friends Paula, Danielle, and Kyle, as well as making new friends with Steve, Beth, and Maria.

Besides for the wonderful time at the beach (where I didn't burn but got nice and tan, yay!) some of the highights of the week were our dinner spots- we tried Sticky Fingers (if you like barbeque and barbeque sauces, you'll LOVE sticky fingers.... I know I did!) Planet Hollywood (really tasty drinks there as well as fabulous salad choices, yum) Dick's Last Resort (the restaurant where the staff is purposely mean and obnoxious... last year was more fun, and honestly, it's kind of crude. I didn't really enjoy myself this year) and Captain George's Seafood Buffet (UNBELIEVABLY delicious, plus a huge spread of food, though it is pricey. However, it's worth it!) Other highlights included time at Broadway at the Beach, where Britt and Paula and I got henna tatoos (I got a butterfly on my ankle, Britt got a butterfly on her shoulder, and Paula got a fairy on her lower back). Britt and I also posed as Old West saloon girls for those Old Fashioned Pictures... we love them! This one was my best one I've done so far. I've had five done so far.... two were old Victorian ones of my whole family, one was of my older sister and I as an angel and a devil, one was my sisters and I as 40's gangsters, and now the latest is this saloon girl one with my younger sister and I. It's so much fun to dress up!

So that was a bit of my vacation, pictures to come! :)

No comments: