Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Concert time!

This past Saturday, I and my sister Britt and our friend Paula drove up to Montage Mountain for a Taylor Swift/Rascal Flatts concert. I was really excited, as Rascal Flatts is one of my favorite bands. They're so talented and I love their songs. I've never seen them in concert before either, so that made it even more exciting! I had seen Taylor Swift before, last August I saw her at the Allentown Fair along with Jack Ingram, Kelly Pickler, and Brad Paisley. THAT was an awesome show!! I loved it. Taylor Swift is so cute, plus, I have a lot of respect for her, as she writes her own songs. In fact, for those who read this who don't know, she's the youngest country artist to ever have written/co-written every song on her platinum selling album. Wow!

So we get to Montage Mountain and it is PACKED. There were soo many people! But we made our way through the crowd to find our seats, which turned out to be AWESOME!!! We were in the 27 row, which is really close to the front for a concert. If I had thrown a baseball as hard as I could, I could've hit the stage, we were that close. Which was great because it was such a great show! I had such a good time, I'm so glad I had that time with Britt and Paula. Taylor sang a new song that will be on her upcoming album (out in November) that's been debuted at the Olympics. I really liked it alot, I believe it's called "Change" but I'm not 100% sure. And Rascal Flatts was AMAZING. The opening was phenomenal, and it was so high energy and they sang almost all my favorite songs, some of which are "Feels like Today," "God bless the broken road" and their cover of "Life is a highway" which they did for the Disney/Pixar movie Cars. We had such a great time!

Anyway, Britt and Paula took a million pictures, so if I ever get some from them, I'll post some for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taylor's song in called "change" or at least it was when she sang it at the Atlanta concert that I attended. I am glad that you enjoyed the concert! I thought it was AWESOME too.