Saturday, October 18, 2008

Campfire!

So it appears that many of my blogs have been my raving about the wonders of fall (can you tell it's my favorite season? ;) and one of my many favorite things is campfires. Tonight my family gathered in the backyard for a campfire, set up by yours truly, the campfire making queen. Thank you, girl scouts. :P There were sixteen of us gathered around the fire, which was perfect and toasty warm for a cool autumn night like this. We had hotdogs to roast over the fire, along with chips and dip and maracroni salad, mmm. We also had boiled corn on the cob over the fire and then slathered butter and parmesan cheese on them. And of course, there's always smores! It was so much fun to sit around the campfire with friends and family. Later in the evening I went back up to my aunt and uncle's house to visit the kittens, who've grown a lot in the past two weeks! They're eating actual food now, they don't have to be fed from eyedroppers anymore. Newly christened Teddy (the chocolate brown boy, cause he looks like a teddy bear) and Pepper (cause she's all black) they came running to the door as soon as we walked in. They're so adorable, still so soft and fluffy with that downy kitten fur. They are precious. :) All in all, it was a perfect night. Yay for fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate you all. I want to be at the campfire with smores and corn on the cob and kitties and such. dee texted me, and although I had fun at the Bates Motel, we waited in lines for forever, and i would have loved to be with you!!!

ps-- i will have to call you about info for next week. some plans have changed!