Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kittens!!

Sometime last week I discovered that my aunt, uncle, and cousins had discovered and are now carrying for two orphan kittens. They were so tiny that my aunt and uncle have been feeding them every couple hours with kitten formula and an eyedropper, because they were too young to even lap up milk yet. So Sunday afternoon, Britt and I went up to see them.

They are SO CUTE!!!! One is all black, and one is a chocolate brown color. They both have pretty blue-gray eyes. I checked them out and while it's still a little early to tell, I'm pretty sure that the black one is a girl and the brown one is a boy. They were just adorable. At one point, I was holding the black one, and she started sucking on the neckline of my shirt! Kittens will do that if they're separated from their mother too early. It's a comfort thing. It was so cute, though, and I felt very maternal holding such a tiny helpless kitten. After sucking on my neckline for a while, she curled up on the side of my neck and fell asleep. :) The brown one had passed out in Britty's arms a few minutes earlier. After a while they woke up again and were ready to play - they are very curious and playful, watching them is a trip. :) I so wish I could keep one of them, but I don't think Chico would appreciate that very much. They're pretty harmless to him now, but once they're grown, they won't be so harmless! I love them though, and I think my aunt and uncle are going to keep them, so I'll at least get to visit them every time I go home. :)

No comments: