Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fabulous first weekend for October!


Ahh, it's officially October! Definitely a good month. :) One of my favorites! And I rang in the beginning of the month in a totally awesome, fun-filled way!


Thursday night, my mom, aunt, and cousin Dee came to visit me (and because Dee was going to shadow me at work the next day). We went out to dinner at a sports bar in Ardmore that I love called JR Monahans. They have really good food, a great atmosphere, and FABULOUS desserts. Thursday night was no exception. My aunt and cousin split the resees peanut butter tower, and my mom and I split the toll house cookie dessert. It was a big toll house cookie all warm and delicious topped with ice cream and drizzled with fudge. It was soooo unbelievably good. :) Later that evening Dee and I watched "Last Holiday" a cute romantic movie starring Queen Latifah and L.L. Cool J.


Friday at work went really well, Dee did a great job and we went over a lot. Like me, seeing the mice was her favorite part. :) As a treat we went to the King of Prussia mall after work, and had a blast! I mostly window shopped, but did find a great pair of jeans for only 19.99 and since I could use a new pair, I bought them in a hurry. Before coming home we stopped at the ColdStone Creamery in the mall.... their ice cream is so good. I got the cake batter ice cream with fudge and brownies.... delicious! I love cake, I can't resist it. Ice cream is a very close second. So give me ice cream that tastes almost exactly like cake batter, and I'm in heaven! :)


Saturday it was heavenly to sleep in. Dee and I lounged around in the morning and watched "Forrest Gump" and then I had a quick interview for a part time job (which went well, yay!) and then, Dee and I headed toward Allentown to meet my mom and sister at Dorney Park! I got two free tickets for Dorney from Ben F.M. for doing the radio commercial, so that's why we went. We had SUCH a great time. It was gorgeous weather and the park wasn't too crowded, so we didn't have to wait too long to get on the rides. I haven't been there in a while so there were two new roller coasters- the Talon and Voodoo- that I hadn't tried before. I liked them but Steel Force is still my absolute favorite.


Now that it's October, starting 6 p.m. the park starts "Haunt" for halloween. There are actors dressed up in scary costumes wandering around the park, and there are 3 indoor haunted house type mazes and 3 outdoor ones. Kill hill, a scary clown based indoor maze, was definitely the best indoor maze, and cornstalkers was DEFINITELY the best outdoor maze. They're more startling than scary, and there were plenty of times when I was expecting someone/something and nearly jumped out of my skin! The neatest thing was that the park has fog machines set up, so it really gives the park a creepy ambience as you're wandering around. We stayed till 11 pm and had a really fun time.


Overall, it was a fabulous weekend and a perfect way to start October! :)

No comments: