Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot weekend

So this weekend, I went home to hang out with my little sister Britt and our mutual friend Paula. (This is a pic of Paula and I) We had a blast! Since it was so warm and sunny both Saturday and Sunday, we mostly spent both entire days out at the pool. I got to try out my brand new red bathing suit I bought at the mall Friday night (along with two pairs of sweet shorts that were on sale) and it looks good! Everyone said I looked like a lifeguard from Baywatch. We all got a lot of sun, which was nice :) I'm slightly red, but did pretty good as far as not getting too burned. (Gotta protect my DNA!) Poor Britt wasn't so lucky though. :P She looks like a lobster.

Saturday night we had a few problems, as Paula's car (jellybean) had a mishap in that the oil pan plug fell out, so we were leaking oil like crazy. We got to the Turkey Hill in Kutztown just in time. We had to get her car towed back to my parents house so my dad could figure out what type of bolt she needed, but thank God, the engine was ok, so Paula was good to go! While we waited for my Dad and the towtruck to come, we enjoyed some ice cream at Pop's Malt Shop. It's this cute, fifties-type soda/ice cream/candy shop right on Main Street in Kutztown. We love going there. :)


Sunday morning we awoke to my parents making cinnamon french toast and bacon, mmm-mmm! I hadn't had french toast in ages and it was so delicious. It felt like all I did Sunday was eat, as it was my Uncle's birthday, so we had a cookout for him, (delicious burgers!) and later in the day, Paula, Britt, my mom and I went to Cousin's Pub for drinks and wings (they have the best wings).



I got back to Ardmore late last night, but it was worth it, because I had a fabulous weekend! I can't wait till this Friday, when I can go home again for Father's Day!













(My sister Britt)












No comments: