Saturday, June 14, 2008

I hate the piano... and all related instruments

I've always liked the piano as an instrument. I usually find the music soft and soothing.


NOT ANYMORE.

No, now that I've had new people move into the second floor below me, and play their keyboard at an alarming loud decible, I hate the piano.

In case people think I just like to complain about things, my roommate commented how loud it was as well, so it's not just me. And the room the keyboard is in is right below my bedroom, AND we do have an old Victorian house, who's floors are split into apartments. This is really a house, not an apartment complex. It doesn't have any extra insulation to help keep out noise from annoying neighbors. I can hear every single note, clear as day, even when I'm in my LIVING ROOM. When I'm in my bedroom, ha! I may as well have a private concert (that I DON'T want).

What really bothers me is that it's a keyboard, not a real piano- so you can control the volume. And you can buy headphones to plug in so only you hear the music. There are many ways that you can still enjoy your own music and play to your heart's content without being inconsiderate and annoying to your neighbors.

Maybe it's just me, but I was brought up with manners and taught to be considerate and thoughtful of others. It seems practically no one else in the world has been taught that, and in fact, they seem to take advantage of the good manners of those people who do have them. Sigh. It's frustrating and I'm really tired of it. :(

6.23.08 Note: After coming home last Sunday night to the piano music being played so loudly I could hear it before I even opened the front door of the house, I knocked on the neighbors door 3 different times to ask them to be a little quieter. They were so loud, they never heard me! So I ended up calling my landlady and she called them and now all has been well. Yay! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... have you gone down and told your neighbors that the music is annoying and suggest to them to get headphones? If you have and the noise continues then, complain to your landlord. That is the one good thing about not owning your house, you can have someone else do your dirty work. Although, with my neighbors I usually tell them what I think (and not in a nice way)... the last few people who lived to the right of me have moved out shortly after! HAHA. I am sure it is just a coincidence...

Anonymous said...

LOL i feel you, although the snorer has seemed to gotten quieter luckily. your piano tho, (excuse me, KEYBOARD) just plain sucks. (LOL :::quote:::: "thank you russ" ~another lovely one from Christmas Vacation~)