Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What the?


I have many pet peeves. I do, I admit it. And somehow, it seems that many of them seem to be personified in my roommates. Particularly my former roommate Lauren, but my current roommate shares a common trait with her that drives me crazy. It's this: What they could possibly be doing in the shower (besides showering) I have no idea, but whenever I enter the bathroom after Rachel has taken a shower, there are puddles of water all over the floor. I'm not talking little droplets of water that would be common after people exit the shower, I'm talking puddles that take giant handfuls of paper towels for me to clean up. What do they do? Shower with the curtain open? Perform dance routines? Do they just dump water outside the tub while taking a shower? And don't they NOTICE the giant puddles when they're leaving the bathroom? Why wouldn't they clean it up? Geez, it's the easiest way to rot out floorboards, and in both my current living situation and my last one, these are old houses. I'm serious, I wouldn't doubt it if my neighbors below me would start complaining cause the ceiling is leaking. I can't count the number of times I've had to change socks because I've stepped into these puddles. I think it's actually the fact that they never cleaned up the water that really annoys me. I think it's very inconsiderate. There have been times when the shower curtain wasn't completely drawn and I've gotten water on the floor, but I saw it and cleaned it up right away. Why is this so hard for everyone else to do?

Rargh. In light of the most recent event that has caused me to post this blog, I'm going to go change my socks. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha... im going to change my socks.

well, just thank your lucky stars you never had a certifiably psychotic roomate. i'd take puddles ANYDAY over her antics!