Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy birthday to me, I'm going to the beach...

Sing the title to the tune of the happy birthday song. :)

So, I'm 25 years old today.... a full quarter of a century. Yikes. It went so fast! And I'm not sure what I have to show for it....

I look back nostalgically on my last 25 years (oh, those were some good times!) and look forward to my next 25 with a mix of excitement/anticipation/trepidation/fear. When I realize just how fast these past 25 years went, I'm afraid I'll blink and miss what happens next! I don't know, some days I'm so happy and content where I am, and other days...... I feel the void of something missing and discontentment darkens my days. Hmmm. I'm not 100% sure what to do about that.

Anyway, enough pondering for now... in two hours I'll be heading to Ocean City NJ with my mom and younger sister to spend the weekend at the beach house my sweet landlady so kindly offered to us. It should just be a nice relaxing weekend with them, no matter what the weather, and I'm really looking forward to it. A detailed blog report to come in a few days. :)

2 comments:

Brian & Mary Hand said...

Happy Birthday Jen!! I'm thankful for your friendship and enjoy your company tremendously! It was great to see you last Friday! I hope you had a great day, and have fun down the shore!

I'm sorry I haven't commented more on your blog . . . I am a faithful reader!!!

Take care,
Mary

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO JEN!!! im glad we got to spend time at the beach together, it was alot of fun! and very relaxing too. just think, because of me (well, mostly) you'll be seeing Hanson, listening (and watching TOO!) Tokio Hotel, and laying on the beach where you could be listening to my lovely cd.

well, ok the beach was all you (fan-fabu-TASTIC!) but we had good music for the way down!!

glad you had fun 'tister. it's about time you had a good bday weekend that WASN'T forgotten!