Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Festivities

Ah, Labor Day Weekend... such a great time, signaling the end of summer. I took Friday off so I could have a four day weekend, which was looovely! I started it off by sleeping in, which was so nice. Then I hit the gym, showered and packed my things, and headed toward Kutztown. I ended up going out to lunch with my mom, and then coming home to the power out, so I took my Dad out to lunch later so he could get something to eat. It was nice to have the separate times with my parents. Luckily the power came back on quickly though. Friday night I just mostly relaxed, which I needed. Saturday, my mom and sister and I went to the movies and saw Tropic Thunder. There were parts of it that were really funny, but lots of parts that were really crude. And there was a lot of bad language I thought was really unnecessary and kind of ruined it for me. Overall, Zoolander is still my all time favorite Ben Stiller movie.

Saturday night, we had a cookout and then a movie night in my Dad's shop (located right next to our house). See, my Dad has loved photography and film for a long time, and for as long as I can remember, he's had movie film and the movie projector that he can show our homemade family movies with. So he set up the screen and projectors in his shop. Britt and I ran the concession stand, handing out fresh popcorn and candy and drinks. Everyone loved it. Saturday night we watched the 30's Frankenstein trilogy (my Dad gets a lot of movie films off E-bay now) followed by some home movies. We did it again Monday night, where we started out with a Tom and Jerry cartoon, followed by the Towering Inferno, followed by family movies. Saturday night was really special, as we got to see movies of my Dad and his brothers and sisters and my grandparents when they were young. The neatest thing was seeing my great-grandmother Lillian on film. She passed away before I was born, so I never knew her. It was a neat moment to watch her on screen.

Sunday we had a big family breakfast, including my cousin Dee, who had slept over the night before. Later in the day we went shopping a bit, where I picked up a cool purse, some books, and an awesome pair of boots I can't wait to try out.... come on, colder weather! :) And then later, we had another cookout, followed by swimming, and then a campfire, set up by yours truly. :) At least I know I learned one thing in girl scouts! It was so nice sitting by the fire, making smores and hanging with my family. We had such a good time.

Monday was yet ANOTHER cookout, followed by the movie night again. I didn't make it back into Philly until late at night, but it was worth it for such a great weekend. Hopefully everyone else had an enjoyable labor day as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i went grocery shopping. and then chris came over and we watched movie trailers. for THREE HOURS.

i'm such a loser. :-p

Anonymous said...

lol yes, beck is a loser! haha. movie trailers for what that entailed three hours of it??? LOL.

i had a blast labor day, and even though mom probably didn't prefer it, i liked hanging out with dee. i feel special when she calls me up or texts and stuff. kinda like how i was to beck (and you) a big pain most of the time, but fun to hang out with usually. especially if i gave good compliments to you! haha