Monday, September 8, 2008

my horrible secret........ and my radio clip!

Ok, so I've posted lots of things on this blog, some very trivial and silly and some very serious. Today I'm going to post something that I ordinarily would have never talked about before as it was something I was extremely self-conscious of. I know it's giving you all a glimpse of my vanity and while I know beauty is only skin deep and it really is on the inside that counts.... it's hard not to want the outside to look good, too!

So, here is my secret. Ever since middle school, I had been incredibly self conscious of my upper lip and chin....specifically, the hair there. :( Being of mediterranean descent, I have lots of dark coarse hair. Thanks Mom. Not only did I get your bad skin, but I have dark coarse hair on my FACE! What made it worse was that I couldn't even tell myself no one noticed- I definitely got teased about it (thank you, Tony Roth, Billy Reichle, and Jeremy Reinhardt... even though I know Tony was the evil mastermind behind it) Ever since that day in eighth grade, I had been obsessive about waxing, tweezing, bleaching... I was trying to make absolutely certain no hair could be seen. However, that was MUCH easier said than done. It was a tireless effort where no matter what I did, things just seemed to get worse, and I could never completely get rid of/hide the hair. I hated it.

So, why am I basically telling anyone who has internet my horrible secret? Simple.... thanks to laser hair removal, it's fixed for good now! I don't have to worry about telling people and then having them stare at my problem spots, because I don't have any anymore! I know some people would just say I'm being vain. Maybe they're right. But I feel a lot better about myself now.... I'm more myself. At the end of my rope, I had researched a lot of places and came upon Bella Medspa, a laser hair removal treatment center that had a location right in Ardmore. They had great prices and were extremely professional and helpful. I had a great experience with them and in turn, wrote a good review on their website... and like I said in a previous blog, they then asked me to help them out by doing a radio ad!

So for anyone who didn't hear the ad on the radio, Bella Medspa has a picture of myself in the Ben FM studio, as well as an online version of the radio clip. It was a lot of fun, and so not only do I have great results, I got to be on the radio too! :) Here's the link to Bella Medspa's website if you'd like to check out my radio clip!

http://www.bellamedspaonline.com/blog/2008/08/12/laser-hair-removal-customer-testimonial-recording-for-ben-fm/

No comments: